Location: Chehlum Procession Route from Dehli Gate/ Nisar Haveli to Karbala Gamay Shah, Lahore, Pakistan
Event: A procession commemorating the Chehlum religious observance will take place beginning at approximately 0700 on Sunday, October 20 at the Dehli Gate/ Nisar Haveli (Walled City) area and proceed to the Karbala Gamay Shah. An image of the procession route is attached. The main procession is expected to draw between 40,000 and 50,000 participants. The procession should conclude at approximately 2300.
The procession may cause traffic delays, unplanned transportation disruptions, and increased police presence near the procession route. Cellular service in the city may be interrupted during this period.
U.S. government personnel are advised to limit their movements in the city during this period.
Actions to Take:
• Avoid the procession route, as well as surrounding areas subject to closure or heavy traffic.
• Monitor local media for updates.
• Avoid crowds.
• Keep a low profile.
• Be aware of your surroundings.
• Review your personal security plans.
• Carry proper identification, including a U.S. passport with a current Pakistani visa, or NICOP.
• U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
• U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92) (42) 3603 4000
• U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92) (91) 526 8800
• State Department– Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
• Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates