Event: The U.S. Embassy in Islamabad warns U.S. citizens that extremist organizations continue to plan attacks against a variety of targets in Pakistan. U.S. citizens should avoid large gatherings throughout Pakistan. Due to security and health concerns, restrictions for U.S. mission personnel remain in place, including limits on attending large gatherings and visits to Pakistani government facilities, shopping malls, and other public places. The U.S. Embassy in Islamabad and Consulates General in Karachi and Lahore continue to provide limited U.S. citizen and visa services.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates.
- Exercise caution and remain vigilant.
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings and local security developments.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by foreigners.
- Monitor local media for updates.
U.S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan
U.S. Consulate General, Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
U.S. Consulate General, Lahore
+(92) (42) 3603 4000
U.S. Consulate General, Peshawar
+(92) (91) 526 8800
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444