Event: Recent acts of violent extremism in Pakistan
Following the December 23 explosion in the I-10 area of Islamabad, U.S. citizens are reminded that planned attacks and criminal activity often occur in crowded public locations such as markets, shopping malls, hotels, airports, clubs, restaurants, places of worship, transportation hubs, schools, and other areas where people tend to gather. Public events, such as demonstrations and celebratory gatherings are also at a higher risk for violence.
Actions to Take:
- Exercise vigilance at events and places of worship and avoid locations with large crowds.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Carry identification and follow requests from law enforcement.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan
- U.S. Consulate General, Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
- U.S. Consulate General, Lahore
+(92) (42) 3603 4000
- U.S. Consulate General, Peshawar
+(92) (91) 526 8800
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Pakistan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter