The U.S. Embassy in Islamabad continues to monitor the potential for road closures and/or traffic delays throughout Pakistan. The U.S. Embassy has canceled all routine consular appointments through Friday, May 12, 2023, though the Embassy remains open and available for emergency services. The U.S. Embassy has temporarily restricted movements of Embassy personnel to official and mission-essential travel only, given potential road closures and associated traffic delays.
American citizens are reminded of potential disruptions to cell-phone service and should have contingency communication plans in place if traveling in-country. U.S. citizens are urged to pay attention to local media for security updates and planned road closures and maintain good situational awareness and security wherever they travel in Pakistan. The U.S. Embassy strongly encourages U.S. citizens to avoid large gatherings, unnecessary travel, and remain vigilant of their surroundings.
- U.S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan
- U.S. Consulate General, Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
- U.S. Consulate General, Lahore
+(92) (42) 3603 4000
- U.S. Consulate General, Peshawar
+(92) (91) 526 8800
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Pakistan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter