The U.S.-Pakistan Youth Councils is an initiative supported by U.S. Consulate General in Lahore to provide youth from Punjab Province with the platform to inform policy makers in the U.S. Consulate about issues of importance to youth and to contribute to the betterment of their communities. The U.S.-Pakistan Youth Councils offers participants the unique opportunity to:
- Contribute to the dialogue on important topics for the United States and Pakistan, including politics, culture, economics, the media, and more.
- Design and participate in community and volunteer programs to promote civil society.
- Provide input to the Consul General and American diplomats on current issues of importance to Pakistani youth.
- Learn more about international exchange and educational programs offered by the U.S. Embassy Pakistan.
Applications are due by 11:59 PM on Wednesday, September 30, 2015.
- Be proficient in English.
- Be in age group of:
13-15 Years for Junior Youth Council,
16-18 Years for Lahore Youth Council,
19- 25 Years for Advanced Youth Council.
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential in their university and community activities.
- Indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States.
- Have a sustained high level of academic and professional achievement, as indicated by grades, awards, and recommendations.
- Demonstrate commitment to community and extracurricular activities.
- Be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful, and inquisitive.
- Be willing and able to actively participate in the planning and execution of Council activities.
- Dedicate at least 10 hours a month to your respective council for the duration of their term.
Application form is available at https://goo.gl/mWJck2
A panel of consulate officials and committee members will evaluate the applications and select the members. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified after September 30, 2015.