November 10, 2020
Location: Pakistan (Countrywide)
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Islamabad reminds U.S. citizens crimes can occur anywhere and to always remain alert and exercise caution. Becoming isolated or entering areas with few or no security measures in place may increase the potential to be targeted for crime. Some remote and isolated areas may have poor or non-existent cellular phone coverage.
Actions to Take:
- Keep a low profile.
- Do not display signs of wealth, such as wearing expensive jewelry or watches.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists/Westerners.
- Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- U.S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan
- U.S. Consulate General, Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
- U.S. Consulate General, Lahore
+(92) (42) 3603 4000
- U.S. Consulate General, Peshawar
+(92) (91) 526 8800
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Pakistan Country Information
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter