Welfare of a U.S. Citizen

If you are concerned about the welfare of a U.S. citizen friend or family member in Pakistan, or if you need to contact them in an emergency, the Embassy can help.

If you need the Embassy to check on the welfare or whereabouts of an U.S. citizen in Pakistan, please contact the Embassy at (+92) 51-201-4000 or (+92) 51-201-5000. From the United States, call the Department of State at 1-888-407-4747. You may also email us at ACSIslamabad@state.gov.

More general information on the range of emergency services available to U.S. citizens overseas is available here.

We strongly encourage all U.S. citizens abroad to sign up for security updates and travel information. It is a free service that keeps you informed in emergencies. Sign up here.


Islamabad: ACSIslamabad@state.gov

Karachi: ACSKarachi@state.gov

Lahore: ACSLahore@state.gov