The Social Security Administration (SSA) has consolidated its overseas operations into several regional offices that provide a full range of SSA services for U.S. citizens residing outside of the United States. Effective October 1, 2017, individuals residing in Pakistan who require social security services or have questions about SSA benefits must contact the SSA Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) located in the Philippines, rather than the U.S. Embassy and U.S. Consulates in Pakistan.
Please, be advised that as of October 1, the U.S. Embassy and U.S. Consulates in Pakistan can no longer accept telephone calls, emails, or walk-in consultations regarding Social Security issues.
For more information or any questions about the services provided at the FBU in the Philippines and how to contact them, please visit their webpage at: https://ph.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/social-security/. You can also reach them at (632) 301-2000 ext. 9, or FBU.Manila@ssa.gov.
For comprehensive information on SSA’s services abroad, please visit SSA’s webpage, Service Around the World.
If you are already receiving SSA benefits payments, there will be no change in the method of distribution of those payments.
For Information on U.S. Citizen Services, Safety and Security, and Emergencies:
- See the State Department’s travel websitefor the Worldwide Caution, all Worldwide Travel Alerts, the active Travel Warning for Pakistan, and Pakistan Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad, located at Diplomatic Enclave, Ramna 5, +92 51 201 4000. (Calling within Pakistan, dial 051 201 4000.) This number also is available 24 hours a day for emergencies involving U.S. citizens in other parts of Pakistan. See also https://pk.usembassy.gov.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate in Karachi, located at Plot No. 3-5, TPX Area, Mai Kolachi Road, Karachi, at +92 21 3527 5000. (Calling within Pakistan, dial 021 3527 5000.) This number is available 24 hours a day for emergencies involving U.S. citizens in the provinces of Sindh and Balochistan. See also https://pk.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/karachi/.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate in Lahore, located at 50 Shahrah-E-Abdul Hameed Bin Badees(Old Empress Road), at +92 42 3603 4000. (Calling within Pakistan, dial 042 3603 4000.) This number is available 24 hours a day for emergencies involving U.S. citizens in the province of Punjab south of the Jehlum River and the district of Bhakkar. See also https://pk.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/lahore/.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate in Peshawar, located at 11 Hospital Road, Peshawar Cantonment, at +92 91 526 8800. (Calling within Pakistan, dial 091 526 8800.) This number is available 24 hours a day for emergencies involving U.S. citizens in the province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA). See also https://pk.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/peshawar/.
- Call 1-888-407-4747toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.