Due to security concerns, U.S. Embassy employees in Islamabad are temporarily prohibited from traveling to the following locations and areas:
- All National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) offices in Islamabad (G-6, G-7, G-10, F-6, and F-8) and Rawalpindi.
- The Blue area’s commercial and business establishments along Jinnah Avenue, between 7th Avenue and 8th (Faisal) Avenue.
- The intersection of Ataturk and Shahrah-e-Jamhuriat Avenues, commonly known as the “NADRA” intersection.
U.S. citizens should remain vigilant about their surroundings at all times. U.S. citizens should carry appropriate identity documents when in Pakistan and should cooperate with police and security forces in any encounter. Cellphone connections may be disrupted during periods of unrest.
For Further Information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, all Worldwide Travel Alerts, the active Travel Warning for Pakistan, and Pakistan Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad, located at Diplomatic Enclave, Ramna 5, +92 51 201 4000. (Calling within Pakistan, dial 051 201 4000.) This number also is available 24 hours a day for emergencies involving U.S. citizens in other parts of Pakistan. See also https://pk.usembassy.gov.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate in Karachi, located at Plot No. 3-5, TPX Area, Mai Kolachi Road, Karachi, at +92 21 3527 5000. (Calling within Pakistan, dial 021 3527 5000.) This number is available 24 hours a day for emergencies involving U.S. citizens in the provinces of Sindh and Balochistan. See also https://pk.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/karachi/.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate in Lahore, located at 50 Shahrah-E-Abdul Hameed Bin Badees (Old Empress Road), at +92 42 3603 4000. (Calling within Pakistan, dial 042 3603 4000.) This number is available 24 hours a day for emergencies involving U.S. citizens in the province of Punjab south of the Jehlum River and the district of Bhakkar. See also https://pk.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/lahore/
- Contact the U.S. Consulate in Peshawar, located at 11 Hospital Road, Peshawar Cantonment, at +92 91 526 8800. (Calling within Pakistan, dial 091 526 8800.) This number is available 24 hours a day for emergencies involving U.S. citizens in the province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA). See also https://pk.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/peshawar/
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.