Location: Pakistan (country-wide)
Event: Update #10 – Interest in future U.S. government-arranged flights to Washington Dulles (IAD) A U.S government-arranged flight from Islamabad and Karachi to Washington Dulles airport departed April 3. Demand for that flight was extremely high, and we are aware that many U.S. citizens still want to return to the United States.
We are attempting to arrange additional repatriation flights within the next week from Islamabad and Karachi. We are unable to offer flights from Lahore, so U.S. citizens currently in Punjab should plan to travel to either Islamabad or Karachi for a flight.
Note that we will likely not have any flight options after next week, so if you want to return home to the United States, this may be your last opportunity to do so. If you want to go home, do so now!
IMPORTANT: To express your interest in returning to the United States on a flight from Karachi or Islamabad, complete this TRAVELER INTEREST FORM. Any flights arranged by the U.S. government would be offered on a reimbursable basis and travelers would be required to complete a promissory note. Each traveler must arrange their own transportation to Karachi or Islamabad. Onward travel from Washington Dulles (IAD) airport must also be arranged by the traveler.
- YOU MUST register your interest at the above link, even if you have already sent us your details.
- Complete one form per person.
- Enter correct data. Double check data.
- Include a phone number where we can reach you and be ready to answer the phone.
Information about all flight options out of Pakistan will be announced via the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Register and check email often for any information about future flights.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive alerts and updates.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19.
- Review the CDC’s latest recommendations to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Monitor flight availability.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Review the Embassy’s webpageon COVID-19 for Pakistan specific information.
- Visit the Department of State’s COVID-19 information page for the latest information.
U.S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan
U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92)(42) 3603 4000
U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92)(91) 526 8800
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates