Starting Monday, June 4, visa applicants and United States citizens visiting the American Citizen Services section will not be allowed to enter U.S. Embassy Islamabad while carrying any of the following items:
- Battery-operated or electronic devices, or any photographic equipment
- Luggage, shoulder bags/purses – only bags that can be carried by hand will be permitted
- Bags such as travel bags, backpacks, briefcases, suitcases, leather, cloth bags, and zip folders – you can only carry plastic bags containing application-related papers
- Food and liquid items
- Sealed envelopes or packages
- Cigarettes, cigars, match boxes, lighters
- Sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files
- Weapons or explosive materials of any kind
- Cosmetics (including but not limited to spray perfume/cologne and talcum/baby powder)
This list is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff.
The Embassy has NO storage available for holding cell phones or other electronic devices on the day of their interview. Applicants should make arrangements to store these items at the shuttle service before arriving at the Embassy. If you bring prohibited items with you to the Embassy, you will have to dispose of them before entry.