Location: Sindh Province
Event: Cyclone Vayu, currently categorized as a tropical cyclone, is expected to impact Sindh Province beginning Thursday, June 13. Widespread dust and thundershowers with scattered heavy to very heavy rainfalls are expected in the Badin, Thatta, and Tharparkar districts of Sindh. Sea breeze is likely to remain cut off, resulting in heatwave-like conditions in coastal areas of Sindh, including Karachi, where the ‘feels like’ temperature could reach 50 degrees Celsius.
Consulate Operations: Consulate operations are normal.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media and weather for updates.
- Make contingency plans to leave the area.
- Seek secure shelter.
- Be prepared to shelter in place until conditions improve.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Follow directions of local authorities.
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. Government assistance.
U.S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan
U.S. Consulate General Karachi
U.S. Consulate General Lahore
U.S. Consulate General Peshawar
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.